If you are going to drink 4 cups of wine, let it be this! Passover wine, be it Manischewitz or Mogen David, is already sweet, and macerating fruit in it seems like a natural choice. This goes down easy, so don’t say I didn’t warn you. Enjoy! And Happy Passover!
Serves 1…um, I mean 2
- 1 cup Passover wine (I used Blackberry Mogen David)
- 2 tablespoon triple sec, or other orange flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon rum
- ¼ of an orange, sliced
- ¼ of an apple, sliced
- 5 grapes, halved
- ¼ cup lemon-lime soda, sparkling wine, or sparkling water, for topping
- Put the wine, triple sec, brandy, and fruit in a small pitcher and let sit for one hour, and up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour over ice and top with sparkling beverage of your choice.
For 6 servings
- 1 750 ml bottle Passover wine
- 3 cups fruit of your choice (apples, oranges, peaches, nectarines, grapes, plums, cherries), sliced or chopped
- ¼ – ½ cup booze of your choice, or a mix (triple sec, vodka, brandy, rum)
- 1 ½-2 cups lemon-lime soda, sparkling water or sparkling wine
- Slice or chop fruit into small pieces and put into a large pitcher.
- Cover fruit with Passover wine and the booze of your choice.
- Let sit in fridge 1-24 hours.
- Immediately before serving, add sparkling beverage of your choice, and serve over ice.