Envy Apple Pumpkin Pie
For the pie filling:
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs yolks + 1 whole egg
- small pinch of kosher salt
- 1 frozen pie crust
For the apple topping:
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 T brown sugar
- 2 apples, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients for pie filling until well combined.
- Place the frozen pie crust on a baking sheet and then fill the crust with the pumpkin pie filling.
- Combine the melted butter, cinnamon, and sugar. VERY gently toss the apple slices in the butter mixture to coat.
- Begin with the larger slices and shingle in a circle just inside the crust. Repeat with smaller slices until they come together in the middle.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then lower the oven to 350℉ and cook for 40-50 minutes more until set. Allow to cool completely. Slice and serve!
Mulled Envy Apple Cider and Bourbon Cocktail
- Bourbon, 1 shot or 1 ½ ounces per serving
- Spiced Rum, 1 shot or 1 ½ ounces per serving
- 1 thinly sliced Envy apple
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Apple Cider, as little or as much as you want to serve, approx. 1 cup per serving
- Rosemary, for garnish
- Combine the sliced apple, star anise and cinnamon sticks to the apple cider and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add shot of bourbon and spiced rum to each glass.
- Top with the warm apple cider mixture and a sprig of rosemary.
Posted In: What's Cooking