Chocolate Almond Macaroon Cookies
- 3 ounces chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup ground almonds (I use Trader Joe’s Almond Meal but you can grind your own using blanched almonds)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together the almonds and the sugar, then mix in the egg whites. Next, gradually add the cooled chocolate, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Make twelve 1-inch balls of batter and place them on the baking sheet. Or you can use a medium cookie scoop and drop them onto the baking sheet if you prefer. Flatten them slightly, so they have a smooth round shape.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove macaroons from the oven and cool on a rack. When completely cool gently peel them from the parchment paper and enjoy!
Simple Almond Macaroon Cookies
- 2 cups ground almonds (Trader Joe’s Almond Meal works great or you can grind your own using blanched almonds)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the almonds with the sugar and extract.
- Add the egg white and and work the mixture very well holds together in a stiff paste.
- Make twelve 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and flatten them slightly, or you can use a medium cookie scoop and drop the batter onto the parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until very lightly colored. They will be soft, but they will harden as they cool. Leave on tray until firm before removing from parchment paper.