This one speaks for itself!
Lemon Tart with Coconut Macaroon Crust
For the crust:
- 3 ½ cups sweetened coconut
- 3 large egg whites
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large lemons, juiced (1/2 cup) and zested
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously butter a 9-inch tart pan. In a medium bowl mix together the coconut, egg whites, and vanilla extract. Lightly press mixture against the bottom and sides of the tart pan to form the walls of the crust.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is lightly golden. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack while you make the filling. Lower oven temp to 325°F.
To make the filling:
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Pour the filling into the cooled shell and bake until just set 15-20 minutes. Set on a rack to cool, then refrigerate until chilled.